martedì 14 febbraio 2012

Lost in the city.... (another suitcase in another hall)

See this image on DeviantArt.


It was 1980 and I was living in London: I went to see the musical Evita by Rice and Webber, the authors of a musical i loved some years before, in the same theatre, Jesus Christ Superstar.
Years later I could see the same show in a film version, starring Madonna as Evita.
During 2010 I started making a series of works inspired by the imaginary of Cinema, Theatre and Art: my ambition is to show “my” twentieth century, its history, but above all, its atmospheres and myths, thru a series of paintings, comic stories etc.
This image takes its cue from a song of that musical, best known for the famous "Don't cry for me Argentina"; the song is about a girl lost in a big city, and is titled "Another Suitcase In Another Hall."
I like the evocative image, and the figure of the distraught girl on a stool in an unnamed coffee shop, wrapped in night lights fascinated me.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento